Why when adding AutoitX3.dll or AutoitX3_64.dll ad reference i'm getting the error window: Could not be loaded....screenshot inside ? RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the autoit latest version from here:

Autoit

Downloaded the Zip.

Extracted to hard disk then in the directory AutoitX I see all the dll's: E:\autoit\install\AutoItXBut when trying to reference the AutoitX3.dll I'm getting this message:

I saw in some sites like here: adding autoit reference that it should be working.

What am I missing here ?

I have windows 8.1 pro 64bit visual studio 2013 pro trial the project is targeting .net 4.5 and build any cpu. The autoit version I downloaded is the latest.
    Saturday, July 4, 2015 12:34 PM

Answers

• At last i found a solution.

Needed for some reason to create in drive C a directory name autoit copy the dll AutoItX3.dll to there and register it there.

After register i can add the dll from this directory to my project without a problem.

This is the link with the steps how to do it:

Autoit how to register

• Marked as answer by Chocolade1972 Saturday, July 4, 2015 5:41 PM
    Saturday, July 4, 2015 5:41 PM

All replies

• I tried now to register the autoIt Lib first. I did it in a command prompt under admin.

Where all the fll's are I did : E:\autoit\install\AutoItX>regsvr32 AutoItX3

But I got this error:

Saturday, July 4, 2015 12:46 PM
  • At last i found a solution.

Needed for some reason to create in drive C a directory name autoit copy the dll AutoItX3.dll to there and register it there.

After register i can add the dll from this directory to my project without a problem.

This is the link with the steps how to do it:

Autoit how to register

• Marked as answer by Chocolade1972 Saturday, July 4, 2015 5:41 PM
    Saturday, July 4, 2015 5:41 PM
  • @Chocolade1972

I am glad to know you solved this problem and thanks for sharing the solution.

It will be very beneficial for other community members who have the similar questions

Best  regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 6, 2015 2:06 AM
  • Thanks a lot man. 
    • Proposed as answer by smilingpigs Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:13 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:13 PM