none
Problem with fmerge of bib and reg files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having a hard time to get my OS to build correctly. When I build, my osdesign (.reg and .bib) files are copied to flatreleasedir, flatreleasedir/postproc and flatrelease/langproc, which is normal. But, I always get an empty reginit.ini because fmerge considers the files as "up-to-date" and then doesn't merge them. So I end up with an empty reginit.ini.

Same thing for ce.bib, it doesn't contain the content of my osdesign.bib...

I didn't have this behavior before and it appears recently.

Any idea? Thanks

David

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:19 PM

Answers

• sound really strange. as far as I remember fmerge spawn by makeimg does not take care of the 'up to date' statuts  of the files it processes, it simply merges them to create reginit.ini, ce.bib etc. If I run twice makeimg without changing anything I get an updated (by time) reginit.ini etc. Don't you have any hint from the output folder about any error which can occur during fmerge?

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by David Mercier Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:01 PM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:51 PM

All replies

• sound really strange. as far as I remember fmerge spawn by makeimg does not take care of the 'up to date' statuts  of the files it processes, it simply merges them to create reginit.ini, ce.bib etc. If I run twice makeimg without changing anything I get an updated (by time) reginit.ini etc. Don't you have any hint from the output folder about any error which can occur during fmerge?

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by David Mercier Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:01 PM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:51 PM
  • Found it...

1. I was not getting correctly the files from the source control to the build machine.
    2. I misinterpreted another error and I thought it was an error with fmerge.

Sorry... and thanks for your time.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:02 PM