How does DSSProxy.exe work? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

DSSProxy seems to be a very powerful and sophisticated tool. However the help and documentation provided for it is sparse. Could someone from the team give me a bit more detailed description of how it works or how to use it?

Mainly I am interested in:
    - DssServiceDeclaration flags how do they work in the AssemblyInfo.cs (
    DataContract, Transform and so on) and when to use them,

- RelaxedRules, the DSSProxy option,

- error codes, do you have a list of these codes?

I have recently discovered that the DSSProxy may be used to generate Proxy and Transform files for library of widely used data types in my services, which is really cool. I wonder how many "hidden" features I still miss.

Friday, December 21, 2012 10:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would not recommend using DSSProxy in any undocumented way. The only available documentation for it is one that's already public. There is unfortunately no single place where all DSS error codes are documented. In RDS 4 - some error texts are made more user-firendly (i.e. error 10 now has a bit more into than "something went wrong").

As for the specific flags and options you asked for - again, afraid the only thing we have is the public documentation and posted discoveries by users like yourself.

Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would not recommend using DSSProxy in any undocumented way. The only available documentation for it is one that's already public. There is unfortunately no single place where all DSS error codes are documented. In RDS 4 - some error texts are made more user-firendly (i.e. error 10 now has a bit more into than "something went wrong").

As for the specific flags and options you asked for - again, afraid the only thing we have is the public documentation and posted discoveries by users like yourself.

Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:46 AM
  • Thank you for the answer. It is not the one I hoped for but it is still much better than none ;) Maybe it is a time for someone from community to write a tutorial or two on less documented features.

All the best
    Piotr

Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:28 AM