htc hd 2 and message intercepting text messages RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a app on the market place that was perched by someone with a htc hd2 phone. The app uses the MessageInterceptor class to monitor sms messages for its trigger. This is not working. I have saw items on the web stating this is a issue with HTC messaging on this pone. I found a app that disables the htc messaging and changes it back to the msft messing but I do not want to present that to the customer. Is their some other way to resolve this? I have a htc phone and do not have this issue it is a older modal. Other phones and customers are not having the issue.

Any help would be great thank you.

John
    Friday, August 27, 2010 1:34 PM

Answers

• in the "Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\Common\CPP\Win32\MapiRule\SetupMapiRule" folder there is a ready to use example about what Joel already suggested that does exactely what you need.

The process in writing an sms interceptor is splitted into few simple steps:

1 - Write a custom MAPI Rule .dll that will intercept and filter your sms ( take a look to the CMailRuleClient::ProcessMessage function in mapirule.cpp line 556 )

2 - In your final .cab project container put that .dll inside the target device's Windows folder

3 - Set up 2 new Register keys to let know the operative system what to do ( take a look to the DllRegisterServer function in mapirule.cpp line 751 ), you can train your .cab project to generate those keys at installation time.

4 - Reboot the device

5 - Enjoy the success :)

• Marked as answer by JohnBailey Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:29 PM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:25 PM

All replies

• The HD2 has a breaking implementation for messaging that breaks the message intercepor. You'll need to write native code to accomplish the same thing with a MAPI rule.
    Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Device Application Development MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Monday, August 30, 2010 12:05 AM
  • thank you for the reply I will research this since I am not a c++ person..

John
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:13 PM
  • in the "Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\Common\CPP\Win32\MapiRule\SetupMapiRule" folder there is a ready to use example about what Joel already suggested that does exactely what you need.

The process in writing an sms interceptor is splitted into few simple steps:

1 - Write a custom MAPI Rule .dll that will intercept and filter your sms ( take a look to the CMailRuleClient::ProcessMessage function in mapirule.cpp line 556 )

2 - In your final .cab project container put that .dll inside the target device's Windows folder

3 - Set up 2 new Register keys to let know the operative system what to do ( take a look to the DllRegisterServer function in mapirule.cpp line 751 ), you can train your .cab project to generate those keys at installation time.

4 - Reboot the device

5 - Enjoy the success :)

• Marked as answer by JohnBailey Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:29 PM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:25 PM
  • I will give this a try thank you for the suggestion. I will also mark as answer :)
    John
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:28 PM