none
Making add-in accessible to our customers without publishing to the store? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just the like the title says: Is it possible to make an add-in I've developed accessible to our customers without publishing to the store?

I'm in the process of publishing to the store but we are having some issues with that. So maybe it would be a better idea if our customers could just manually add it to their organization? That would make the add in available on all of their users Outlook clients, right?

Any help with this would be most appreciated :)

/Max

Sunday, February 12, 2017 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi, Max

Please visit Deploy and publish your Office Add-in

You can use one of several methods to deploy your Office Add-in for testing or distribution to users:

• Sideloading - Use as part of your development process to test your add-in running on Windows, Office Online, iPad, or Mac.
    • Office 365 admin center preview - Use to distribute your add-in to users in your organization in a cloud or hybrid deployment.
    • Office Store - Use to distribute your add-in publicly to users.
    • SharePoint catalog - Use as part of your development process to test your add-in, or, in an on-premises environment, to distribute your add-in to users in your organization.

So you could distribute the manifest into SharePoint Catalog, then the users would see the add-in in their organization.

For more information, please visit Publish task pane and content add-ins to a SharePoint catalog

Regards.

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 13, 2017 7:42 AM
  • Awesome!

Thanks so much Celeste, you've been a lot of help to me!! :)

Monday, February 13, 2017 8:37 AM
  • Hi Max,

I suggest you mark helpful post as answer.

If you have any issue about this question, please feel free to let me know.

If you have any new issues, please post new threads. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:58 AM