none
Office Online Integration - Browser content privacy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have implemented the all end-points as described in WOPI and working fine with office online. Now we have big concerned regarding copy-paste content from browser in which document is being opened/edited.

We want to disable this type of feature.

Do we have any way in office online properties to disabled it ? (i.e. ctrl+c, right click -> copy should not work) 

Thanks & Regards,

Viraj Vekaria

Monday, August 1, 2016 7:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Viraj,

I'm checking on this. Initially, Word Online does not open IRM (Information Rights Management) protected documents which can restrict in this manner (copy/paste). Copy/paste restriction in your host page may be possible (i.e. covering parts of the iframe or other tricks but this could be tricky and likely unsupported from the perspective of host integration with Office online. Other than that I'm pretty sure there are no switches available within WOPI or postmessage but I will check a little deeper and get back to you soon.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications Support

Monday, August 1, 2016 3:52 PM
  • Actually, I did verify yesterday that my initial suspicions were correct and there is no way to enable this kind of protection through the WOPI protocol or other api or switches provided by Office Online server and interfaces therein. Just closing the loop on this.

Tom

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Viraj:

I have alerted the open specifications team regarding your inquiry. A member of the open specifications team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Monday, August 1, 2016 3:19 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Viraj,

I'm checking on this. Initially, Word Online does not open IRM (Information Rights Management) protected documents which can restrict in this manner (copy/paste). Copy/paste restriction in your host page may be possible (i.e. covering parts of the iframe or other tricks but this could be tricky and likely unsupported from the perspective of host integration with Office online. Other than that I'm pretty sure there are no switches available within WOPI or postmessage but I will check a little deeper and get back to you soon.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications Support

Monday, August 1, 2016 3:52 PM
  • Ohk thanks, @Tom Jebo

I can consider this as my answer to my question.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:23 AM
  • Actually, I did verify yesterday that my initial suspicions were correct and there is no way to enable this kind of protection through the WOPI protocol or other api or switches provided by Office Online server and interfaces therein. Just closing the loop on this.

Tom

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:33 PM