Azure Hybrid Join with Multiple Forests RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Currently we have 2 federated forests syncing to a single Azure tenant. And the devices are enrolled to classic Intune using the Intune Client. I am planning to implement Azure hybrid join to enable the existing bulk enrolment of devices to the Azure AD. And I just need some clarification on the following. 

1. Does Azure Hybrid Join support multi-forests typologies?

2. How do I re-enrol the existing pc's to the 'modern' Intune?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, February 11, 2019 4:47 AM

All replies

• 1. Yes, Azure Hybrid deployments does work with multiple Active Directory forests. Refer this document for the supported topologies.

2. You can check this document for Windows device enrollment to Intune.

Monday, February 11, 2019 1:12 PM
  • Please let us know if you find above reply useful. If yes, do click on 'Mark as answer' link in above reply. This will help other community members facing similar query to refer to this solution. Thanks.
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 11:53 PM
  • Hi Neelesh,

I noticed the first document you referenced outlines the supported configurations for Azure AD Connect, thanks.  What I would like confirmation on are:

1. Whether this essentially means that device registration is supported where multiple forests are synced to one tenant.
    2. Are there any limitations in such scenarios with device writeback?
    • Edited by TechBajan Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:41 PM Clarity
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:39 PM
  • Hi TechBajan

"Whether this essentially means that device registration is supported where multiple forests are synced to one tenant"

Did you get answer on this topic somewhere?

Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:01 PM