none
Error: Setting up Site Recovery for On-Premise Hyper VMs in Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im setting up Site Recovery for my VMs hosted in Hyper-V in on-premise server. When i created a policy in the last step as seen on the image below, i get an error. Please help as maybe i am lacking on some other configs? Thanks!

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:28 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

Thank you for your support, i did check events and this is the error I've got:

ERROR MESSAGE: Protection couldn't be configured for cloud/site ______.
    PROVIDER ERROR :Provider error code: 31389

>> Turns out, it's looking for a vhd file that i accidentally moved from Desktop to Local D. So i copied it back again in my desktop and the error is solved. (See image below). 

>> I was wondering why it captured this vhd file, as i know this is for load balancing? (other testing)

Thanks for the support!!!

Monday, July 15, 2019 3:56 AM

All replies

• Can you disassociate and delete the old policy and then recreate and associate the new policy?
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 12:12 PM
  • Hello SadiqhAhmed-MSFT,

I have done that already and still getting the same result.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:56 AM
  • Go to jobs view to see the error. That will have the reason for failure. Share the screenshot or paste the error details and we can discuss further on how to troubleshoot it.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:04 PM
  • Hello RolaineN

go to site recovery jobs, or site recovery events, you will find the list of errors, please share the error details so we can help you with the issue

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. My blog: http://cloudskillz.wordpress.com/

Saturday, July 13, 2019 11:31 AM
  • Hi All,

Thank you for your support, i did check events and this is the error I've got:

ERROR MESSAGE: Protection couldn't be configured for cloud/site ______.
    PROVIDER ERROR :Provider error code: 31389

>> Turns out, it's looking for a vhd file that i accidentally moved from Desktop to Local D. So i copied it back again in my desktop and the error is solved. (See image below). 

>> I was wondering why it captured this vhd file, as i know this is for load balancing? (other testing)

Thanks for the support!!!

Monday, July 15, 2019 3:56 AM

• Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it is resolved :)  

Monday, July 15, 2019 5:37 AM