Button left in hover state on Navigate Back?

Question

• I've been trying to finish off my app port of http://wieser-software.com/m/bridge but notice that if I click on one of the buttons on my welcome page that navigates to another page, and then navigate back to the original page, the button on the original page stays in the hovered state.

Is this a known bug, and is there a workaround for this, as it looks terrible.

Anthony Wieser | Wieser Software Ltd | www.wieser-software.com

Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:53 AM

Answers

• I've found the culprit.  Setting NavigationCacheMode="Required" caused this.

I'll send over a sample project.

13/02/2014: Update
    I can confirm that the problem is no longer present when the app is retargeted for 8.1
    Friday, August 24, 2012 6:31 AM

All replies

• Can you send me a small repro application that shows this? MSMALL at microsoft

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:33 PM
  • Thanks for the interest.  I'm trying to build a small repro, but it isn't happening in that one, so it must be something in my app.  I'll try to get something for you tomorrow.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:58 PM
  • I've found the culprit.  Setting NavigationCacheMode="Required" caused this.

I'll send over a sample project.

13/02/2014: Update
    I can confirm that the problem is no longer present when the app is retargeted for 8.1
    Friday, August 24, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Is it not considered a bug then as it has been marked as the answer?  Yes, that's the cause, but if you really want to mark a page Required, what's the solution?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:53 AM
  • It's marked as answered because you found the problem.  Whether or not it's a bug is a different question.  If you send a project, it can be investigated.

If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:35 PM
  • I did send a project.  Did you not receive it?  Sent friday 24th.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:43 PM
  • I got the one for today.  I'll check it and let you know what I find out.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Actually, I can't reproduce this problem.  I'm running RTM with the latest updates.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:36 PM
  • Odd, as it failed every time here.  You compiled the project I sent over, right?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:44 PM
  • We observed this issue for awhile and it is present in the RTM build as well. I tried to force visual state of controls using VisualStateManager GoToState, but it didn't help. I'd say unless if caching pages provides you with significant benefits, avoid caching to save yourself the pain.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:41 PM
  • I'm running your application, as you sent it.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:26 PM
  • Very odd, as I've just fired it up on my W8 machine.

I'm on build 9200

When I launch my program I sent, I have a big red button

When I hover on the button it goes dark gray.

Clicking the button it goes whiteish

moving the mouse over the text and then pressing alt+back arrow I have a dark gray button

If I move the mouse into the button, nothing changes, but when I move out it goes red again.

Where does yours differ?

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:40 PM
  • OK, I understand now.  I've filed a bug but I'm sure this isn't going to be resolved soon.

Friday, September 21, 2012 1:32 PM