none
Error in report server using local report processing mode RRS feed

• Question

• I get the following error when displaying a report using local processing mode: "An error occurred during local report processing. An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details"
    I don't have reporting services and i can't see the error log. After i spend mush time changing and testing the report i came to the conclusion that the error only happens when i have a table inside a matrix and some field different from plain text in the page header (like a parameter or the current time or page count). If i remove any of these the error disappears. I only use the table inside the matrix to display the code and the description in the same field of the matrix, when grouping the rows using the code.
    I don't understand the logic of this error.
    Does anyone have an idea?
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:38 PM

All replies

• Will you post the stack trace from the exception?  Can you also verify that you are using the latest service pack for either VS 2005 or VS 2008?
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:29 AM
  • I am using the SP1 version of the VS 2005. The error only occurs if the table is after the first row or column group of the matrix.

Exception: Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.LocalProcessingException
    #Message: An error occurred during local report processing.
    #Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, Warning[]& warnings)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, String& mimeType, String& encoding, String& fileNameExtension, String[]& streams, Warning[]& warnings)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ProcessingThread.ProcessThreadMain(Object arg)

#Inner Exception: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException
    #Message: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details.
    #Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSTraceInternal.Assert(Boolean condition, String componentName)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSTrace.Assert(Boolean condition)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.PageTextboxes.AddTextboxValue(Int32 page, String name, ArrayList values)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.PageTextboxes.IntegrateRepeatingTextboxValues(PageTextboxes source, Int32 targetStartPage, Int32 targetEndPage)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeTableObj.CreateInstances(ReportItemInstance riInstance, IList instanceList, RenderingPagesRangesList pagesList)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeRICollection.CreateInstance(ReportItem reportItem, Boolean setupEnvironment, Int32 index)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeRICollection.CreateInstance(ReportItem reportItem, Boolean setupEnvironment, Boolean ignorePageBreaks, Boolean ignoreInstances)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeMatrixGroupLeafObj.CreateInstance()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeGroupLeafObj.Traverse(ProcessingStages operation)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeGroupLeafObj.TraverseAllLeafNodes(ProcessingStages operation)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeGroupingObj.Traverse(ProcessingStages operation, Boolean ascending)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeGroupRootObj.CreateInstances(ReportItemInstance riInstance, IList instanceList, RenderingPagesRangesList pagesList)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeMatrixHeadingsObj.CreateInstances(RuntimeDataRegionObj outerGroup, ProcessingContext processingContext, MatrixInstance matrixInstance, Boolean outerGroupings, RuntimePivotGroupRootObj currOuterHeadingGroupRoot, MatrixHeadingInstanceList headingInstances, RenderingPagesRangesList pagesList)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeMatrixGroupLeafObj.CreateInstance()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeGroupLeafObj.Traverse(ProcessingStages operation)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeGroupLeafObj.TraverseAllLeafNodes(ProcessingStages operation)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeGroupingObj.Traverse(ProcessingStages operation, Boolean ascending)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeGroupRootObj.CreateInstances(ReportItemInstance riInstance, IList instanceList, RenderingPagesRangesList pagesList)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeMatrixHeadingsObj.CreateInstances(RuntimeDataRegionObj outerGroup, ProcessingContext processingContext, MatrixInstance matrixInstance, Boolean outerGroupings, RuntimePivotGroupRootObj currOuterHeadingGroupRoot, MatrixHeadingInstanceList headingInstances, RenderingPagesRangesList pagesList)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeMatrixObj.CreateInstances(ReportItemInstance riInstance, IList instanceList, RenderingPagesRangesList pagesList)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeRICollection.CreateInstance(ReportItem reportItem, Boolean setupEnvironment, Int32 index)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeRICollection.CreateInstances(ReportItemColInstance collectionInstance, ReportItemCollection reportItemsDef)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RuntimeRICollection.CreateInstances(ReportItemColInstance collectionInstance)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.Merge.CreateInstances(ParameterInfoCollection parameters, Boolean noRows)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.Merge.Process(ParameterInfoCollection parameters, Boolean mergeTran)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.ProcessReport(Report report, ProcessingContext pc, ProcessingContext context)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.ProcessReport(Report report, ProcessingContext pc, Boolean snapshotProcessing, Boolean processWithCachedData, GetReportChunk getChunkCallback, ErrorContext errorContext, DateTime executionTime, CreateReportChunk cacheDataCallback, ProcessingContext& context)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RenderReport(IRenderingExtension renderer, DateTime executionTimeStamp, GetReportChunk getCompiledDefinitionCallback, ProcessingContext pc, RenderingContext rc, CreateReportChunk cacheDataCallback, Boolean& dataCached)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RenderReport(IRenderingExtension renderer, DateTime executionTimeStamp, GetReportChunk getCompiledDefinitionCallback, ProcessingContext pc, RenderingContext rc)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.LocalService.RenderWithDataCache(PreviewItemContext itemContext, ParameterInfoCollection reportParameters, IEnumerable dataSources, DatasourceCredentialsCollection credentials, IRenderingExtension renderer, ReportProcessing repProc, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, ReportRuntimeSetup runtimeSetup)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.LocalService.Render(PreviewItemContext itemContext, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, ParameterInfoCollection reportParameters, IEnumerable dataSources, DatasourceCredentialsCollection credentials, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, ReportRuntimeSetup runtimeSetup, ProcessingMessageList& warnings)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, Warning[]& warnings)

Monday, March 2, 2009 7:37 PM
  • Any assert, as is the case here, is a bug in the product.  In this case, I believe this issue was fixed in VS 2008.  Is it possible for you to upgrade to the VS 2008 redist?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6AE0AA19-3E6C-474C-9D57-05B2347456B1
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:11 AM
  • I don't think so. To install this upgrade do i need to have Visual Studio 2008 and .Net Framework 3.5?
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:53 AM