deployment using vs2012 pro one click RRS feed

• Question

• User2068566658 posted

I am trying to publish my project to my SBS 2011 Server using web Deploy from VS2012 Pro.    It is going into my C://inetpub/wwwroot folder.  

1.  I am presently publishing to default web site/application name.    That puts the default.aspx file in the application name folder.   Is that a problem?   How do I direct those entering the site to that folder?   They are now seeing the iisstart.htm file

2.  I am using an access database which I can copy over to server in the App_Data folder with no problem.   My problem is getting the aspnetdb.mdf database published and operable.    Should I check one or both boxes under aspnetdbEntities?   What remote connection string should I enter?

3.  What advantage is there to entering a Destination URL?

Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:33 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi jjobcorp

jjobcorp

Is that a problem? 

1) No, it's not a problem. if you follow the format to enter 'default web site/application name', and then you will find the files that published in the 'application name' folder. If you follow the format 'default web site' and leave out 'application name', and you will find the files that published together with  iisstart.htm  in wwwroot folder.

2) You could refer databse deployment in the link below,

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2010/07/29/vs-2010-web-deployment.aspx

3) Destination URL:  Enter the URL that people will use to browse your site over the internet.

Moreover, this tutorial will give a good guide to set parameters when publish website, and explain the meaning of the parameters.

publish website tutorial

If I misunderstand you or anything wrong, please let me know.

hope it helps you,

Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:29 AM