Cycle tile template Windows Phone 8.1

Question

• I am trying to create cyclic tile template using this code

TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().EnableNotificationQueue(true);

var tileXml = TileUpdateManager.GetTemplateContent(TileTemplateType.TileSquare150x150Image);

var tileImage = tileXml.GetElementsByTagName(“image”)[0] as XmlElement;

tileImage.SetAttribute(“src”, “ms-appx:///Assets/image1.jpg”);

var tileNotification = new TileNotification(tileXml);

TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().Update(tileNotification);

tileImage.SetAttribute(“src”, “ms-appx:///Assets/image2.jpg”);

tileNotification = new TileNotification(tileXml);

tileNotification.Tag = “myTag”;

TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().Update(tileNotification);

But the tiles are not cyclic they are only flipping. How to make the above code to act as cycle tile??

• Edited by nucleons Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:37 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:48 AM

All replies

• I don't understand what the difference is between "cyclic" and "flipping". Do you mean they go through once and then stop?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 3:15 PM
  • Its just like Photos app wide tile does this in Windows phone 8.1. The CycleTile template has a effect that pans slowly and automatically up and down each picture before moving onto the next one.

Reference - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj207036%28v=vs.105%29.aspx

I want the same thing to be achieved in WP8.1, Which template type I need to use.

• Edited by nucleons Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:34 AM
  • Hi

Any update on this??

Monday, April 27, 2015 1:32 PM
  • Here's some good information about this: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/thunbrynt/archive/2014/04/10/windows-phone-8-1-for-developers-live-tiles.aspx

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 7:03 PM
  • Not able to achieve Cycle tile transition, only flip tile transition is achieved from the blog post. The same question is added in the comments. Please can u give me a sample or template to achieve cycle tile template.
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:24 AM