8.1 Flyout loses animation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am adding a Flyout to an AppBarButton. In the Flyout, there is a StackPanel with a TextBox and Button, i.e.:

<AppBarButton x:Name="AddFolderButton" Icon="NewFolder" Label="New Folder">
    	<AppBarButton.Flyout>
    		<Flyout>
    			<StackPanel>
    				<TextBox x:Name="AddFolderTextBox" Margin="0,0,0,20" />
    				<Button Click="AddFolderButton_Click" HorizontalAlignment="Right">Create</Button>
    			</StackPanel>
    		</Flyout>
    	</AppBarButton.Flyout>
    </AppBarButton>

While the Flyout is shown when the AppBarButton is clicked, I notice that it is sometimes shown without animation. For example, in the first time you click the AppBarButton, the Flyout should be shown with animation. However, if you add some text to the TextBox so that the Flyout is enlarged to fit the text. The Flyout will no longer be shown with animation. 

Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I test your project. I found everything is ok in my computer. You can test your project in another computer to see whether the problem can occur!

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:06 AM
    Friday, December 20, 2013 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I cannot reproduce your problem. In my computer, whether I add a text to textbox or not the flyout can display with the default animation. You can upload your full project into skydrive.

And a Flyout displays lightweight UI that either is informational or requires user interaction. So I recommend you do not add too much information into flyout.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, December 16, 2013 3:54 AM
  • Here is the project that reproduces the problem (http://sdrv.ms/1gBuF0B).

1. Click on "New Folder 1". You should see the Flyout shown with animation.
    2. Type some text to the TextBox so that it (and the Flyout) is enlarged to fit the text.
    3. Dismiss the Flyout. Click on "New Folder 1". You should see the Flyout again but shown without animation.

The problem does not exist if the width of the TextBox is fixed (compare the behavior with "New Folder 2").
    Monday, December 16, 2013 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

I test your project. I found everything is ok in my computer. You can test your project in another computer to see whether the problem can occur!

Best Wishes!

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:06 AM
    Friday, December 20, 2013 8:06 AM