none
About minimal requierment of Kinect SDK RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

Now i'd need to buy new notebook, but i'd like to find one where can i work with Kinect.

Because i'm not understand too much the multicore classification i'd like to ask the minimal intel processor to use Kinect SKD:

for processor

Intel I3 1.6 ghz

Intel I5 1.6 ghz

intel i7 2.0 ghz

all in mobile versions.

or other?

for graphics

Intel Graphics 3000 or dedicated device?

have u suggestion for minimum requirement ?

thank'you

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:24 PM

Answers

• The computer needs the specifications listed on the readme page here:

http://www.kinectforwindows.org/download/readme.htm

Try a nvidia card because you can use it for 3D modeling apps also and try getting something 2.0 ghz or above and 3 GB of ram (my laptop which i use was msi and had 4 GB of ram) or above so your not get frustrated over a slow computer.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda
    • Marked as answer by ellorenz Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:42 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:43 PM

All replies

• The computer needs the specifications listed on the readme page here:

http://www.kinectforwindows.org/download/readme.htm

Try a nvidia card because you can use it for 3D modeling apps also and try getting something 2.0 ghz or above and 3 GB of ram (my laptop which i use was msi and had 4 GB of ram) or above so your not get frustrated over a slow computer.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda
    • Marked as answer by ellorenz Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:42 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hi

thank's for suggestion.

I found a incredible real good offer for an asus notebook with core I7 with 8gb ram and nvidia M540 card with 2 gb dedicated giving up a more mobile solution like a slate pc.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:40 PM
  • It sounds sweet.

For its maintence to keep in best shape i would recommend these practices:

1. blow out keyboard keys with a can of compressed air bottles from walmart every so often because stuff gets stuck in those hard to reach places

2. wipe dust off screen

3. use can of air to blow out other places also so you dont have to open up the laptop computer and risk injuring yourself since you probably dont know inside.

4. for kinect use try plugging into side ports on laptop or a usb hub (i mean the back USB ports and side together are all going into one place or on the same USB hub/hardware) that you dont have anything plugged into. For instance back ports are on the same hub so if kinect is not working on the back ports try plugging into front or side USB ports.

• Edited by The Thinker Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:01 PM
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:01 PM