InfoPath 2007 - Contact Selector - Can you bind this control to a specific SP group? RRS feed

• Question

• Desire is to only present membership of the sharepoint group. Selection is role-specific and already defined. Have seen some reference to this, but I am not sure how to define the AccoutId field. The group does not have an AD object to reference.

Another question, can a site collection column be bound to a drop-down list? Have tried, but it eludes me.

All help is greatly appreciated. 

Dale

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:42 PM

Answers

• Sorry but it is not possible. The contact selector look at your AD or profile database for show the member. It's not possible to restrict to a specific group.

Sorry.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:05 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Remi that Contact Selector look to your complete Active Directory and you cannot restrict it. But you can apply a restriction in your Infopath form that whenever a user types a name other than the person of the group then it will display an error message. 

To display the error message, just place one optional section just below the Contact selector control and write the message in the optional section such as "Please select any other user". Now, go to the Conditional formating of this section and write a rule to hide this section whenever the user is from the specified group. 

Also put a data validation in the Account Field of the Contact selector control so that whenever the user enters wrong value, he or she is not able to submit the form.

Regards

Ginni - Microsoft Community Contributor

[My SharePoint Blog]

Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:58 AM

All replies

• Sorry but it is not possible. The contact selector look at your AD or profile database for show the member. It's not possible to restrict to a specific group.

Sorry.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Remi that Contact Selector look to your complete Active Directory and you cannot restrict it. But you can apply a restriction in your Infopath form that whenever a user types a name other than the person of the group then it will display an error message. 

To display the error message, just place one optional section just below the Contact selector control and write the message in the optional section such as "Please select any other user". Now, go to the Conditional formating of this section and write a rule to hide this section whenever the user is from the specified group. 

Also put a data validation in the Account Field of the Contact selector control so that whenever the user enters wrong value, he or she is not able to submit the form.

Regards

Ginni - Microsoft Community Contributor

[My SharePoint Blog]

Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:58 AM