none
[PowerPoint]How to detect the position of the shapes in side a chart. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing a PowerPoint add-in and I want to create and overlap some shapes on a chart on creating the chart corresponding with the shapes in a chart.

For example, draw line connecting each neighboring rectangles in a stacked column chart.

But with my poor knowledge, I cant get any rectangles inside a chart nor the position of them.

How can I detect the positions of the rectangles in the chart ?

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:13 PM

Answers

• Hi XiphiasG,

Welcome to MSDN develop forums.

According to your description, you want detect the positions of the rectangles in the chart.

I’m not able a find a rectangle property in a Chart Object. So I guess it should be a Shape Object.

If so, I think Left and Top property will represent the position of a rectangle.

Left  Returns or sets a   single-precision floating-point number that represents the distance in points   from the left edge of the shape's bounding box to the left edge of the slide.   Read/write.

Top  Returns or sets a   single-precision floating-point number that represents the distance from the   top edge of the shape's bounding box to the top edge of the document.   Read/write.

Best Regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:26 AM