Lightswitch html screen render function? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys!

Are there any after render event for Screen?

What I am trying to do is I want to find "titles-bar" div for special screen.

I was trying to use screen.details._pageId in created event, but it seems that controls are not created by the time this function executed.

I just want to add some extra html for header control just for some screens.

Thanks

Nick

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Nick,

If you need to augment or otherwise modify DOM elements created by LightSwitch, use the postRender event. The postRender event is commonly used to add a CSS class or DOM attribute to existing DOM elements: for example, you may want to add a jQuery Mobile class to a DOM element created by LightSwitch. We’ll also use the postRender event to change the screen header dynamically later in this article.

You may check the blog below for details.

Custom Controls and Data Binding in the LightSwitch HTML Client (Joe Binder)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2012/12/06/custom-controls-and-data-binding-in-the-lightswitch-html-client-joe-binder.aspx

Please let me know if I have misunderstood you.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:29 PM