none
We're sorry. We can't open xxx.docx because we found a problem with its contents RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to populate a Word Template with bookmarks populated from an Excel spreadsheet. When I use a Word Template, the VBA macro completes without errors and creates a new Word Document, but when I open the document, I get a pop-up message:

>We're sorry. We can't open xxx.docx because we found a problem with its contents.

I saw online that may others have had this problem. I tried deleting normal.dot, as suggested, but that didn't work.

Please note, however, when I create the new file from a Word Document, rather than a Template, everything works fine. Any one have any ideas what's going on with the Templates?

DragonForest

Sunday, April 5, 2020 1:17 AM

All replies

• Not sure this will lead anywhere, but 

a. how exactly are you creating the new document from the template

b. when you save the document, does the extension (.docx) match the document type specified in the Document.Save/SaveAs/SaveAs2?

c. do you have a sample "problem" .docx with anonymised data that you could post somewhere so people here could have a look at its contents?

Peter Jamieson

Monday, April 6, 2020 12:15 AM