HttpClient stops working RRS feed

• General discussion

• After a network change on my physical computer, System.Net.Http (both in System.Net.Http and Windows.Web.Http) stops working in UWP projects. The error is something like 'Could not connect to server'.

I have absolutely no problem surfing the web or playing games; and, the problem only occurs on my physical computer. I even tried the classic System.Net.WebRequest, it also fails with same error. But System.Net.WebRequest works well in a plain .NET project.

What's wrong?

Ignorance is blissful

• Changed type Neo the 1 Tuesday, May 1, 2018 6:31 AM
    Monday, April 30, 2018 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please be specific about how you used System.Net.Httpin your UWP project. And also try use Fiddler to check the error in detail. The error info should be more than just 'Could not connect to server', you may get a error code which helps us understand the reason about why it failed.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 1:47 AM
  • I did "Reset Network" in Windows Settings center, now it works.

Ignorance is blissful

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 6:30 AM