none
Print the bills in a sort that is easy for cutting RRS feed

• Question

• I am printing the phone bills of subscribers in A4 sheet size. In any A4 sheet I can accommodate 3 bills. The bills have a serial number that starts from 1 to 120,000. In any page the serial number is from A to Z, for example in sheet 1, the first billl serial no is 1, the second 2 and the third 3. When I print the A4 sheets for example in 500 sheet, the bills are not sequentially over each other , the topmost bill in the first sheet is no.1 and the topmost bill in second sheet is 4 and respectively 7,10 and .....

When the cutter machine, cut the pile to 3 separate piles, in each pile the bills are not in a sort order. How can I set the report to print the first bill in topmost of sheet 1, the second bill in topmost of sheet 2 and .....

Karim Vaziri Regards,

Thursday, August 2, 2018 10:25 AM

All replies

• When the cutter machine, cut the pile to 3 separate piles, in each pile the bills are not in a sort order. How can I set the report to print the first bill in topmost of sheet 1, the second bill in topmost of sheet 2 and .....

Hi kvaziri,

When you print 120,000 bills, you can use an offset of 40,000 for the 2nd bill per page, and an offset of 80,000 for the 3rd bill per page.

Then loop from 1 to 40,000:

For x = 1 to 40,000
        print bill x
        print bill x + 40,000
        print bill x + 80.000
      Next

If you have an arbitrary number of bills, then you can calculate how many pages you need to print all bills, and use that number fot the offsets.

Imb.

Thursday, August 2, 2018 10:48 AM
  • Dear Imb,

Thanks for your help. But where can I use this code?

Karim Vaziri Regards,

Thursday, August 2, 2018 10:56 AM
  • Thanks for your help. But where can I use this code?

Hi Karim,

You can sort the query in the report by:

SORT BY serial_number MOD 40000, serial_number

If necessary, change 40000 to the total number of pages to be printed.

In this case it is NOT necessary to use the two offsets, just print the whole report.

Imb.

Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:17 PM