Address labels in ASP.NET (VB) with ReportViewer component RRS feed

• Question

• User-883621491 posted

I am trying to print an address label to a Dymo label printer using a ReportViewer control on an ASP.NET page. I have set up the report in the Report Designer in Visual Studio with appropriate page size (1.125 inch wide by 3.5 inch high). I then show the report in a ReportViewer control on an ASP.NET page. When I try to print it, or preview it, it appears to resize everything to an 8.5 x 11 page size). The print on the address label itself is extremely tiny. It does not appear that the sizes I've set are being honored. Can someone tell me what I need to do to have this print the correct size as a label? Thanks!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:19 PM

Answers

• User-734925760 posted

Hi M-Clark,

According to your description, my understanding is that, you only print one column with  3 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch size. So you want to print multiple address Label. If my understanding is correct, I think you need to convert the Address rows into columns, then you can print multiple Labels in one row.

Hope it's useful for you.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:13 AM

All replies

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

According to your description, you want to use ReportViewer to create addressing label, so far as I know, first in the Report properties, you need to set Columns = 3 and ColumnSpacing = 0.2in, and make sure the default page size is US Letter (8.5in X 11in). Then you need to choose Body from the Properties window’s drop down list. In report, Body defines the actual size of the addressing label, so set Width=2.525in and Height=1in.

For more information about how to use ReportViewer to create addressing label, please refer to the link below:

https://www.learningpenguin.net/myblog/2011/02/03/how-to-use-reportviewer-to-create-addressing-label/

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 5:56 AM
  • User-883621491 posted

Hi. I should have been a little more specific. In my case, I am not trying to print a sheet of address labels on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I am trying to print a label on a Dymo Label Writer printer. This is an approximately 3 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch single label. I will try to set columns, but I only really have 1 column, and it is the 3 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch size.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 11:02 AM
  • User-734925760 posted

Hi M-Clark,

According to your description, my understanding is that, you only print one column with  3 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch size. So you want to print multiple address Label. If my understanding is correct, I think you need to convert the Address rows into columns, then you can print multiple Labels in one row.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:13 AM