Error 25542 SSCE_M_QP_READONLYINSERT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've a problem with a merge replication. When I make changes on it, adding a new article, the SQL Server CE subscriptions crash while trying to synchronize, the get error number 25542 (SSCE_M_QP_READONLYINSERT) on [__sysMergeArticles] table.

I don´t unsderstand why this happen and I'm very frustated because the only way to run is deleting the SDF file at the subscriber.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

JMF

Monday, May 27, 2019 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi JMF70,

>>When I make changes on it, adding a new article, the SQL Server CE subscriptions crash while trying to synchronize, the get error number 25542 (SSCE_M_QP_READONLYINSERT) on [__sysMergeArticles] table.

The error message means data is inserted into a read-only table when synchronizing.

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hi Dedmon,

yes, I know the message means, but I don't insert any data into __sysMergeArticles table, I suppose this is a replication object work, that's the problem.

Best regards.

JMF

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:52 PM
  • Anyone has an opinion?
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Am I the only one in the world who had suffered this situation?

Regards

JMF

Monday, January 13, 2020 1:12 PM
  • Hi JMF70,

What are the sql server versions involved? How did you configure replication? Are you configured as dropping and creating the objects on the subscribers? did you check if the new tables exist on the subscribers?

Monday, January 13, 2020 1:22 PM
  • Hi,

the SQL Server versions involved are (11.0.7001 on the publisher) and .NET Application on the subscriber.

Replication was configured using SQL Server Replication Wizard.

The table doesn't exists on the subscriber, i'm trying to add new one.

I use web synchronization.

JMF

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:34 AM