Blank pages in report RRS feed

• Question

• I've made a couple of reports but my problem is that there are blank pages in between and I can't seem to get around it. Is there a way I can remove this blank page and what is causing it/how to prevent it from happening?

Also, when previewing in print preview or layout view, it displays every single report for all records I have in my database. What do I need to do to restrict it to one/current record only? Is there code or something?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:56 PM

Answers

• 1) Blank pages can be caused by a number of things like; the Report details section being larger than  needed for the records to show, The Margins of the Report are outside the printable area. to fix these you can A) adjust the details section border to the controls within. B) Make your report size fit the page and margin sizes. There are other reasons but without knowing more details I'm keeping the list short. But 1 other thing to check is direction of the report landscape vs. portrait. Make sure in the page setup you have correctly selected this for printing.

2) For limiting your report to a single record, you can either source the record on the Form or you can create a prompt when running the report to require the record number be entered. This depends on your needs and setup.

Chris Ward

• Proposed as answer by Dummy yoyo Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dummy yoyo Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:25 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:29 PM
  • Here is an example of limiting a report to a record by using a prompt at the time of running the report.

SELECT Products.SubmittalDate, Products.PEBNumber, Products.ProductName, Products.ProductDescription,
    FROM Products
    WHERE (((Products.PEBNumber) Like [Enter PEB Number *will pull every record, *25* Pulls all with 25]))
    ORDER BY Products.PEBNumber DESC;

Here is what the datasheet for this query looks like

Chris Ward

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• 1) Blank pages can be caused by a number of things like; the Report details section being larger than  needed for the records to show, The Margins of the Report are outside the printable area. to fix these you can A) adjust the details section border to the controls within. B) Make your report size fit the page and margin sizes. There are other reasons but without knowing more details I'm keeping the list short. But 1 other thing to check is direction of the report landscape vs. portrait. Make sure in the page setup you have correctly selected this for printing.

2) For limiting your report to a single record, you can either source the record on the Form or you can create a prompt when running the report to require the record number be entered. This depends on your needs and setup.

Chris Ward

• Proposed as answer by Dummy yoyo Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:26 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:29 PM
  • Here is an example of limiting a report to a record by using a prompt at the time of running the report.

SELECT Products.SubmittalDate, Products.PEBNumber, Products.ProductName, Products.ProductDescription,
    FROM Products
    WHERE (((Products.PEBNumber) Like [Enter PEB Number *will pull every record, *25* Pulls all with 25]))
    ORDER BY Products.PEBNumber DESC;

Here is what the datasheet for this query looks like

Chris Ward

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:35 PM
  • If you look at your report in Design View, in the upper left corner, if there is an error indicator you can click on it to get ideas to fix layout errors that Access has detected.

Chris Ward

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:37 PM
  • Hi HereHere,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

How is it going with the problem based on Chris's suggestion?

Have a nice day.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:27 AM