none
How to import an image from the clipboard? RRS feed

• Question

• Copying the image in Jpg format I clicked Ctrl + V, but nothing happened. Then I went into the main toolbar-> editing. Paste item was unavailable (blocked). Through importing everything works fine. What do I need to do to want images from Clipboard?

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:17 PM

All replies

• Heh, heh... try using the Copy command (Ctrl-C) instead of the Paste command (Ctrl-V) when copying the image. You will then find that the Paste command is available under the Edit menu item.  ;-)

Click the desired item to select it, press Ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard, then click in EW to focus the location where you want to paste it, then press Ctrl-V (or click "Edit|Paste") to paste it there.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:53 AM
  • I ' ve tried. "Ctrl + C" or "Copy" is not important. It's the same thing. Ctrl + C - this is only a hot key. I even checked it. In another application inserted the copied image. That is, the image is on the Clipboard. That's just Microsoft Expression Design refuses to insert.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:20 AM
  • Well, now. I'm not certain, but I would guess that Design's native format is vector, and when a document is open, it expects the clipboard to contain a vector image (or perhaps a path, etc.) before it enables the Paste command. JPEG/JPG is a raster image format, incompatible with a vector document, and therefore Design requires you to utilize its Import feature to bring the image into the document, rather than permitting paste of that format.

I don't use Expression Design, preferring either Adobe Illustrator or Xara Photo and Graphic Design, but I do have it installed, and that appears to be what is going on. Try another application, or work around Design's foibles. Your choice...  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:33 PM
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:32 PM