Hyperlinks - with pdf RRS feed

• Question

• I'm stumped!

After converting to EW4 from FP, we designed a new site : www.northernontariowires.com . On the home page, I am trying to link a pdf document to Notice of Application and 2012 Rate Application. In the past, I have had no difficulties (see Customers - Application).

I am not doing anything different, and when I use the preview option, everything shows up just fine. However, when I publish, I receive an error stating the page cannot be found.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks, Roxanne.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:15 PM

All replies

• Upload the PDF to your server.

You presently are pointing to the root of the site for the PDF. Resources are better organized into sub folders. Also, remove the spaces from the document (the PDF) name and correct the link to point to the new name. And...upload the PDF!

Take care, Mike

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Both pdf files load - eventually. The second is huge (29 MBytes): it took nearly 5 minutes to download on a 30Mbps connection.

As Mike said, remove the spaces from the file name, since spaces will break links in some browsers - and some browsers may give up before the file downloads. It would be useful to indicate the size of the file in or near the link text. Even better - break the file into several parts.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Thanks Mike!

I'm feeling a little sheepish now....

Rox.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:37 PM