none
"Recent People" vsto outlook RRS feed

• Question

• When sending an email programmatically ( mailItem.send() ) with a vsto plugin then the recipient email address won't appear in the "Recent People" popup the next time I try to send an email with Outlook/new Email.

Is there a way to insert the recipient address into the "recent People" list programmatically?

Thanks for your help

Laci

Thursday, June 25, 2020 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hello Laci,

It is not clear what code have been used for sending emails. Anyway, I'd suggest creating a recipient and resolving it against your address book, it may help. 

recipient = recipients.Add("eugene.astafiev@somedomain.com")
    retValue = recipient.Resolve()

See How To: Fill TO,CC and BCC fields in Outlook programmatically for more information. 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:28 PM
  • Hi Eugene

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it didn't help.

To explain more in detail:

We have a custom button in the ribbon to send the email and do other things.

I let the user create a new email the normal way by clicking "New Email". Then instead clicking "Send", the user clicks the custom button to send the email. All that works fine.

But when the user creates another new email to the same recipient as before then that recipient won't appear in the "recent People" dialog window.

Any ideas?

Monday, June 29, 2020 12:58 PM
  • Lacigas,

But when the user creates another new email to the same recipient as before then that recipient won't appear in the "recent People" dialog window.

Isn't better to add a corresponding contact to the address book to get a recipient appear on the "recent people" dialog window?

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:21 PM
  • Yes, I could try that. Thanks!

Laci

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 6:46 AM