none
How to Confirm the .NET versions installed on a computer? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to confirm the .NET Framework versions that are running and active on my computer. I have used commands like 

dir %WINDIR%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v* /O:-N /B

wmic /namespace:\\root\cimv2 path win32_product where "Name like '%%.Net%%'" get Name, Version

They both give different result

Also what versions of .NET are installed with Windows Server 2008 R2 system?

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:30 AM

Answers

• Hi VanditaP,

>>I need to confirm the .NET Framework versions that are running and active on my computer.

We could use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to find out all the .net Frameworks on your computer.

By running it, it will list all the .NET Frameworks which are running on your computer in the dropdown list. You can find them out.

>>Also what versions of .NET are installed with Windows Server 2008 R2 system?

Windows Server 2008 R2 (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component.  This means you will get the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes.  3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel.

For more detail information, please refer to: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by pvdg42 Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jiayi LiModerator Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:01 AM