developing locally with webjobs RRS feed

• Question

• User65893105 posted

How do I enable webjobs for development locally ?  In the app.config and web.config I have these lines which Ive modified but it doesn't work

<add name="AzureWebJobsDashboard" connectionString="UseDevelopmentStorage=true;"/>
        <add name="AzureWebJobsStorage" connectionString="UseDevelopmentStorage=true;"/>

are these settings correct ?

Friday, January 13, 2017 10:17 AM

All replies

• User65893105 posted

anyone help ?  how on earth am I supposed to develop and debug locally ? From what ive seen so far I actually have to create an azure account for this, am I wrong ? why cant the webjobs sdk use local storage for development ?? the clue is in the name, its an sdk ! I shouldn't have to have an actual azure storage account for development surely ?!

Friday, January 13, 2017 10:49 AM
  • User65893105 posted

can anyone answer if its possible to develop and test azure webjobs purely locally ?  Id prefer to do the main development and testing locally on my development machine and only test on azure once I'm happy with the functionality on my development machine.  Ive spent hours searching for anything that can help, but so far Ive found nothing, it seems its only possible to debug a webjob once the web app and webjob has been uploaded to azure which seems crazy to me

Friday, January 13, 2017 12:55 PM
  • User65893105 posted

anyone ??

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:31 PM