MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED : HRESULT - 0x800703E6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In my app I need to play video using MediaElement video control, Its working fine but on few windows 10 devices it gives me following error.

MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED : HRESULT - 0x800703E6

Here is the code which I am using for playing video-

var streamInfo = await PDSUtility.GetContentStream(this.VideoContent.ContentText);
     var videoStream = streamInfo.stream;
     if (videoStream != null)
    {
    var type = MimeTypeMap.GetMimeType(this.VideoContent.FileExtension);
    videoStream.Seek(0);
    element.SetSource(videoStream, type);
     this.Content = element;
    }

Please suggest me for same asap.

sandeep chauhan

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that you are using a third party service to get the stream and the problem happens randomly, we could not tell if the problem is related to the third party service. You could try to use local file as stream to see if the problem still occurs.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:32 AM
  • HI Roy

Thanks for reply!

I am not using any third party service to get the stream. Just using local file as stream. But after spending lot of time on net I found a below link

https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/16188-video-streaming-failed-unsupported-video-type-error.html

In this link they mentioned below steps to resolve the issue and its working fine for me.

Steps-  Right click on the speaker icon on the lower right hand corner -> Playback Devices -> Disable all hardware enhancements -> OK -> Reboot. That's it!

But after doing these steps I am not able to hear audio sound bcs sound is already disabled. So again problem :(.

So I think its not a right solution to resolve my video issue. If yes then how to resolve my audio issue in this case?

Thanks

Sandeep

sandeep chauhan

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:09 AM
  • Hi 

I found the root cause why my video is not playing on particular device, Actually only mono channel audio type video is not playing.

So now there can be 2 solutions-

1. Support mono channel audio with UWP.

2. Convert mono channel audio to stereo with UWP.

Can anyone help me on any one solution how we can do the same in UWP c#?

sandeep chauhan

Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:30 AM
  • Hi,

UWP does support mono channel audio. For example, in this document:Audio graphs, it mentioned about when you create audio nodes, you could set it as single channel (mono) mode.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:00 AM