Associate native VSCppUnit C++ unit tests with TFS test cases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed during the lasts years a lot of unit tests on my native C++ application, using VSCppUnit C++ Unit Testing Framework. I would like to associate them with TFS work items and test cases, but the menu "Associate to test case" is grayed in test explorer. From what I read in the very few articles on the internet about this particular case (most of them talk about .Net things), it seems to me that it is not possible (yet?).  I find it however strange that a Microsoft solution (TFS) would not even support its own products, while many external ones are supported. I wonder also if it is really not possible.

Regards

Friday, February 1, 2019 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for posting here.

I’ve checked the “associate to test case” option in either VS2017 or VS2019 preview, and I’m afraid that VS doesn’t support the option in  Native Unit Test Project(C++) currently.

I totally understand the inconvenience this issue has brought to you, and your current feeling about this issue. As a result, I suggest you report to MS product team with some screenshots about that through go Help -> send feedback-> provide a suggestion in upper right of IDE to share your issue and expectations with detailed info.

After that, please be patient waiting for the response from the VS Product Team Engineers. If it gets more votes, the product team experts would think about adding it as a new feature in the future product.

BTW, I hope you could post that link here, so other community members who are interested in this issue will help you vote it. If there have any updates from there, I will also update the information in here. Thank you for your understanding and sorry for this inconveniences.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 4, 2019 8:14 AM