Infopath Browser Enabled Form Validation Submit error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If a validation violation happens for the first time on the form and I correct the value and try to submit the form again, nothing happens. No error and the submit button keeps clicking. There is only a textbox which is set to not blank and nothing complex.

Basically I have to get the validation right the first time or else the form does not submit. below is the validation error that I get for the first time after which nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated.

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you create submit connection to save data? Check and verify.

Also check whether your form is published properly or not in form library.

Let us know yoru result

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:56 AM
  • Hi Hemendra,

Yes, there is a submit data connection and the form is published and submitted correctly without any issues. Repro steps:

1. Open form and fill in data except required field

2. Submit

3. Data violation error (note the condition is just a "not blank") - expected behaviour

4. Correct the data

5. Submit again - does not work (ideally if the user has corrected and filled in the data then this should work)

Under normal condition if there is no data violation the form works perfectly fine.

Friday, March 30, 2012 12:29 PM
  • Hi,

It is really very surprising for me. Are you sure, there is no other validation form? Also check the field datatype because if you don't put right data in field then also you can get same error.

One verification, Are you hiding any field, which is mandatory?

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:59 AM