none
compare word doc contents with Excel doc contents RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon.

I have a series of word documents, and would like to do a macro comparison against the contents of a single excel document. 

I found an article from 5 years ago (in the Word for Developers forum) stating that this was not possible. But it's now 2019, and Office 365/2019/most recent, so I had to ask....

Is this possible today? 

The excel contents are within a specific range of rows, and only 2 columns. (A151:A191 and D151:D191)

The word document contents are at specific locations in the word documents (it's just that there are 41 documents).

I want to compare the row by row contents to each word document.....

Each word document is named (verbatim) the name found in the Excel document, in column D. 

At 1 or two locations, the names in column D are in the word doc, also verbatim. 

In column A, there are 11 digit numbers, and each corresponds to two locations in the word document. 

My goal is to verify that the names/numbers match. 

FWIW, I posted the same question in the Word for Developers forum, so I can get an answer more quickly. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/c15bee51-efb6-4108-be53-79161d4a4079/compare-word-doc-contents-with-excel-doc-contents?forum=worddev

TYIA.

Have a great evening. 

• Edited by SteveDB1 Monday, June 10, 2019 11:47 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2019 11:46 PM