none
VS2015 "Do not merge. Create a separate assembly..." not working as I'd expect

Question

• When i am publishing my website (to file system), I have chosen "Precompile during publishing" and in the "Configure" options I have chosen "Allow precompiled site to be updatable" and "Do not merge. Create a separate assembly for each page and control." Based on my experience with previous versions of VS, I was expecting to have the bin folder populated with a single file for each page, but instead I am getting a single DLL for the site.

An added thought... from what I can understand, the website I'm describing is (I think) a "Web application project" and not a "Web site project". That being said, the documentation I see says that for a web application project, "By default, compilation of code files (excluding .aspx and .ascx files) produces a single assembly" which implies that I can force it to behave differently than the default. But I haven't been able to the way I described in my first paragraph above.

Can someone help me understand what I'm missing? Thanks in advance.
    • Edited by JohnCosmoKramer Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:24 PM Additional information
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:37 PM

All replies