Missing standard header files on Windows Mobile 6 SDK RRS feed

• Question

• I just wanted to understand the problem here.  I am trying to port some native C DLLs written for the x86 platform to mobile platforms (target platform right now is "Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK (ARMV4I)") supporting ARM CPUs.  I quickly ran into many issues.  So far I have not been able to find the following header files in the Windows Mobile 6 SDK distribution:

fcntl.h
    io.h
    sys/stat.h
    sys/types.h

I know next to nothing about mobile development (at least not so far).  So does this mean I will have to rewrite the functionalities that depend on the above header files to their equivalent CE counterparts?

Friday, July 10, 2009 5:09 PM

Answers

• As pointed out before, these headers do not exist in WM (CE) SDK, but a number of people before you have had this issue and performed the port. For example this one.
    Alex Feinman. MVP .NET Compact Framework
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, July 17, 2009 1:54 AM
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Dilip_K_R,

I'm a newbie to WM6 myself, so don't think I'm an expert on the subject.
    But, if you do a 'Search Forums' of each of the headers you list above, in this manner:
    "stat.h"
    "types.h"

etc..., (include the double quote) and then click the little "down arrow" and select "Search All Smart Device Development Forums", you will get some answers to your questions.

One note tho', sys/stat.h and sys/types.h are desktop headers.
    From what I've read, those are not supported in WM6.
    Here is the path for the WM6 headers:
    C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Smartphone\Include\Armv4i

With this, and the results you get from 'Search Forums', you might find the solutions you need.

Steve
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:26 PM
  • As pointed out before, these headers do not exist in WM (CE) SDK, but a number of people before you have had this issue and performed the port. For example this one.
    Alex Feinman. MVP .NET Compact Framework
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, July 17, 2009 1:54 AM
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:08 PM