Send a InfoPath form with the help of workflow attached to SharePoint List RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to send a InfoPath form with the help of workflow attached to SharePoint List.

The idea is sent a mail on specified date in the list item. I know it is very simple to use “Send a Email” action available within the workflow.

We are  trying to send the InfoPath form which has lot of other information with list item action.

Please suggest if this something realistic. Many thanks in advance

Manish
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:42 PM This belongs either in the workflow forum or in the InfoPath forum. Not certainly in design/customization (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• I don't believe that you can create a workflow in SharePoint Designer to email an InfoPath form, but you can certainly send a link to the InfoPath form in the email. 
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Friday, August 5, 2011 5:05 AM
  • Hi Manish,

Could I confirm with you that the InfoPath file you mentioned is a attach file of the list item?

If so, the SharePoint Designer doesn’t provide an action like this out of box, you may try to custom workflow activities about sending email with list item attach files.

As I know, there is third party product about “Sharepoint Designer Custom Workflow Activities, send email with list item attachments”, for more information, please refer to:

http://spdactivities.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Send%20Email%20with%20List%20Item%20attachments

Thanks,

Qiao Wei

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Thanks for the response Qiao!

The infopath form is not an attached form with list item, instead it is a different form uploaded in Form library. 

Manish
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:33 PM
  • Hi Manish,

Thanks for posting back.

In this situation, you may consider sending the link of the InfoPath form that the list item attached to.

1.     Set a look up field in the list, look up for the InfoPath form Title.

2.     Create a workflow,  select action “send an email”, in the email subject or content place, set the InfoPath link like http://servername/_layouts/formserver.aspx?XmlLocation=/yourformlibrary/[%listname:lookupfield%]&OpenIn=Browser

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

• Marked as answer by M.Sharma Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:31 PM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:42 AM
  • Thanks Qiao!!

This is really helpful, Is it possible to send entire form in the mail body instead of sending a link.

Manish
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:41 AM