RemoteDesktopClientSettings.SetRdpProperty - undocumented properties

Question

• Hi,

I'm working with the "Remote Desktop app container client" sample from the Windows Store app samples, and I came across the following line:

// Do not show the publisher warning dialog.

clientControlObject.Settings.setRdpProperty("ShowPublisherWarningDialog", false);

I noticed, that the property "ShowPublisherWarningDialog" is not documented on the MSDN resource for the RemoteDesktopClientSettings.SetRdpProperty method.... and another property that's not documented is "Server Port". 

What would be the reason for this? Could it be related to Store policy?

Is there a resource, that lists *all* the properties supported by the ActiveX control?

Thanks,

-Paul

NOTE: I couldn't include links to the referenced resources/documentation, because my account is not yet verified.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

Good Question! Thank you for reporting the issue to us.

I saw the same thing in rdp-utils.js file line 79. I don't know why there is no such explanation for this property. Another issue I found is that the sample on MSDN code center is not available now, the MSDN updated the documentation at 10/12/2013, It seems this property is canceled, the code I'm using is downloaded two months ago. I doubt if the property has been ignored or canceled.

But still I will report it for you to Microsoft. Thanks for supporting the forum and best regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by paulkore Monday, October 28, 2013 3:32 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2013 3:11 AM