Unable to create SCCM Cloud Management Gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!
    Hope this is the right category. I am trying to create a CMG for my organisation and it keeps failing with Azure error:

The operation '45a1258ff473a53da9d93f2fc97616d0' failed: 'The requested VM tier is currently not available in West US 2 for this subscription. Please try another tier or deploy to a different location.'.

truthfully whatever region I am trying it fails. I have Azure pay as you go and credits in my account. How can I make my subscription have access to US regions? I need to deploy it in the US since the majority of the company is in the US.

Thanks!

Jakub

Monday, March 30, 2020 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Jakub,

reach out to the Azure Support regarding this - unfortunately due to the current situation with COVID-19, there are challenges with availability of Azure resources

hth
    Marcin

Monday, March 30, 2020 8:08 PM
  • As a result of the surge in use over the last week, we have experienced significant demand in some regions and are observing deployments for some compute resource types in these regions drop below our typical 99.99 percent success rates.

Although the majority of deployments still succeed, (so we encourage any customers experiencing allocation failures to retry deployments using different VM size/regions), we have a process in place to ensure that customers that encounter repeated issues receive relevant mitigation options. We treat these short-term allocation shortfalls as a service incident and we send targeted updates and mitigation guidance to impacted customers via Azure Service Health—as per our standard process for any known platform issues.

Please refer to this blog for recent update and check Service health on Azure Portal to see information if you are impacted by it.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/our-commitment-to-customers-and-microsoft-cloud-services-continuity/

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:34 AM
  • Thanks for replying. I have raised a ticket in my Azure account about this but haven't heard back yet. Like I said, any US region I try fails with the same error. I am unable to verify if I am going to be successful anywhere and I have to do a hit and miss. My Service Health in my account doesn't show any issues in the regions I am trying so I am kind of stuck here for now. That mitigating option you mentioned would be great.

Thanks

Jakub

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 4:33 AM
  • Thanks Marcin, I have reached out as soon as it failed for me for like a 10th time :D
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020 4:33 AM