Question About ScriptResource.axd? Pages Created When Using Ajax Controls RRS feed

• Question

• User-748031297 posted

Windows Server 2008 R2.  IIS 7.  Visual Studio 2012.  AJAX Controls 7.1213.

AFTER I installed the version 7.1213 Ajax toolkit, I notice when I run (in debug mode) my web site and a page comes up that has a Ajax tab control dozens of pages (or instances of a page) come up.  They say ScriptResource.axd?xxxxxxx, where xxxxxxx is a bunch of cryptic letters and symbols.  In one instance I counted 160 of these entries under the name of the page being displayed.  Is this to be expected?  Why.  When running the same pages with the same tab control under an old version of the Ajax toolkit, I only see three (3) of these instances come up when I browse to a page.

Also, I was getting an error until I shut it off that said something about "this" not being a valid word in a javascript.  Sorry I did not (and cannot now) snag the whole text of the error.

Friday, August 1, 2014 1:35 PM

Answers

• User-748031297 posted

ANSWER

I found elsewhere to add CombineScripts and ScriptMode parameters to the to the ToolScriptManager on each page as follows:

<cc1:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" runat="server" CombineScripts="true" ScriptMode="Release" />

This modification reduced the ScriptResources.aspx instances from 160 to 5 or six.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 1:59 PM