none
About environment using kinect for windows, (windows server 2008 r2.server pack1) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question about using kinect for windows.

Is it possible to use it under windows server 2008 r2.server pack1?

There were no answers that I could find from the website descriptions.

It only comments that it's available on window 7 and 8.

So my question is,

Is there anyone who have used kinect (for window version) on windows server 2008 r2.server pack1?

Or It's okay if you ever heard about it, please give any response,

Or you can give me any tip or clue site that I can find or ask this.

Hope anybody knows about it! Please, help me!

Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:07 AM

All replies

• The biggest difference between windows 7 and server 2008 r2 is that their are server components installed which make developing directly on the server non-efficient or not typical enivronment. Please share more details about what you intend to do. P.S. dont think its supported on server 2008 but might work

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://jefferycarlsonblog.blogspot.com/

• Proposed as answer by The Thinker Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:36 PM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:26 PM
  • The SDK and Toolkit should install on 2008 R2, but it's not "officially" support it as we don't test on it.
    • Proposed as answer by The Thinker Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:36 PM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:52 PM
  • yes todds answer is correct and offical. So it appears yes it will work but support is none so you will have to ask here and see if anyone can answer questions or try on your own.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://jefferycarlsonblog.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:36 PM