none
Unable to add a xml schema - schema files not displaying in data sources window dialog - 'Add Data Source' is disabled in "View Data Source" pane RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

I'm facing the problem in my web project(I'm using Visual Studio 2008). I need to add .rdlc report file., for which I have done in 2 ways like add  'Report' (or) through 'Report Wizard'. The problem in making report is

(1). If I go through the 'Report Wizard', after adding the Data Source the 'Next', 'Finish' buttons are disabled by which I couldn't complete report creation process., but the schema file is created in 'App_Code' folder.

(2). If I directly add a 'Report' now and want to add Data Source to the .rdlc file, the 'Add New DataSource' button is disabled in 'View Data Source' (towards left side, below toolbox).

regarding the same issue I have done the above steps outside of my web project., and became successful in generating the report(by .rdlc file only, with schema).

I have taken an .aspx page and added a report viewer. Through report viewer also I have tried to select the proper .rdlc file and map the desired data source (or) else create a new object data source. But in this way also I couldn't generated a report.

My doubt/issue is why this strange behavior is happening. I have looked after many sites. But all of them couldn't solve my problem.

Expecting a quick reply from any of you... Thanks in advance...

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:37 AM