none
Source files not included when export project template

Question

• I'm using Visual Studio 2015 update 3, when I try to export a project template, I noticed that if I create a filter in solution explorer, and put source files in it, then these source files will not be included in the template.

Specifically, first create a filter and drag some source files into it. Then export the project as a template, then open the archive file, you will see these files are not included.

This didn't happen when in Visual Studio 2015 update 1 or update 2, but I'm not sure. Anyway this is a very annoying problem when organizing a huge project, but maybe somebody knows how to solve this?

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 5:12 AM

Answers

• HI Coallin Xuan,

Please share us which type of the VS you have used. In my side, VS2015 update 3 version 14.0.25425.01, I have created a C++ project and add a new filter in solution explorer, then export it as a template.  After I created a new c++ project based on this template, the source file that added to filter was existing. Please refer to the following screenshot:

So please check your VS, whether it has the same version as mine. But there is a bug in VS2015 update3. When open the source file I encountered the issue as the following screenshot.

Here is a feedback that I have submitted before. Please vote it and make comments. I think engineers from Visual Studio will evaluate this issue seriously. Please wait patiently, thank you very much.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2894638

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 01, 2016 7:10 AM