none
Moving BRE Policies which are not Part of BizTalk Applications

Question

• Hi,

We are trying to move all the Policies which are part of our Biztalk. The Policies which are part of Application are getting Exported through MSI.

For Example:

In the Image below

Policy2 will get Exported when i export the MSI of its application bre.

So i only have to export Policy1 and I have to export it through C# code to automate the process.

I have tired using the RuleEngine DLL but i am getting all the Polices and vocabularies. 

I have also tired to See whether any information in ruleset table but it only contains versions and Name of Policy.

Can you Please tell me which Table contains the Information whether the Policy is attached to this application. i will only extract those Policies which are not attached and Export them or Can you tell me any other approach for doing this?

Thanks,

Sujith.

Sujith

Friday, March 3, 2017 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Rachit,

I have checked this Artivle.I gives information about policy,Major,Minor Versions but not whether it is associated to any application like the above screenshot.

Do you think this information is available in BiztalkmgmtDB?

Thanks,

Sujith.

Sujith

Sujith,

Policies are separate identity, you wont find any relation in BizTalk Rule Engine DB.

Yes, for the polices that are linked with any application can found in BizTalk Mgmt database.

Rough SQL query is below which you can refine further as per your requirement:

use BizTalkMgmtDb
    Select b.nvcName As ApplicationName,a.sdmType,a.luid,a.properties,a.files
    From [dbo].[adpl_sat] AS a, [dbo].[bts_application] AS b
    where a.sdmType='System.BizTalk:Rules' and b.nID=a.applicationId

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Sujith, this article will give you all the required info. http://blog.aajtech.com/blog/bulk-exporting-business-rule-engine-policies/

Friday, March 3, 2017 7:45 PM
  • Hi Rachit,

I have checked this Artivle.I gives information about policy,Major,Minor Versions but not whether it is associated to any application like the above screenshot.

Thanks,

Sujith.

Sujith

Saturday, March 4, 2017 6:03 AM
  • Hi Rachit,

Thanks,

Sujith.

Sujith

Sujith,

Policies are separate identity, you wont find any relation in BizTalk Rule Engine DB.

Yes, for the polices that are linked with any application can found in BizTalk Mgmt database.

Rough SQL query is below which you can refine further as per your requirement:

use BizTalkMgmtDb
    Select b.nvcName As ApplicationName,a.sdmType,a.luid,a.properties,a.files
    From [dbo].[adpl_sat] AS a, [dbo].[bts_application] AS b
    where a.sdmType='System.BizTalk:Rules' and b.nID=a.applicationId

Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:32 PM