none
Not Able to Load Outlook 2013 Add ins RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have created one Outlook 2013 Addins. It is working fine in one computer but in rest of the Computer it is not able to load.

On Developer Machine: its working fine with the DLL Created under The Debug Mode but not working with the DLL which is created under Release Mode.

I have installed the VSTO 2010 on the Machine But still i am getting error.

Please help.

Thanks

Monday, December 15, 2014 10:20 AM

Answers

• Hello Sumit,

What error do you get? Most probably you didn't deploy any required prerequisite with the add-in. How did you deploy it on another machines?

There are plenty of reasons why an add-in is not loaded by the host application (Outlook in your case).

First, I'd suggest checking the Trust center settings. The macro security settings can be applied to add-ins as well.

Second, Microsoft Office applications can disable add-ins that behave unexpectedly. If an application does not load your add-in, the application might have hard disabled or soft disabled your add-in.

Hard disabling can occur when an add-in causes the application to close unexpectedly. It might also occur on your development computer if you stop the debugger while the Startup event handler in your add-in is executing.

Soft disabling can occur when an add-in produces an error that does not cause the application to unexpectedly close. For example, an application might soft disable an add-in if it throws an unhandled exception while the Startup event handler is executing.

When you re-enable a soft-disabled add-in, the application immediately attempts to load the add-in. If the problem that initially caused the application to soft disable the add-in has not been fixed, the application will soft disable the add-in again.

You can read more about that in the How to: Re-enable an Add-in That Has Been Disabled article.

Monday, December 15, 2014 11:40 AM

All replies

• Hello Sumit,

What error do you get? Most probably you didn't deploy any required prerequisite with the add-in. How did you deploy it on another machines?

There are plenty of reasons why an add-in is not loaded by the host application (Outlook in your case).

First, I'd suggest checking the Trust center settings. The macro security settings can be applied to add-ins as well.

Second, Microsoft Office applications can disable add-ins that behave unexpectedly. If an application does not load your add-in, the application might have hard disabled or soft disabled your add-in.

Hard disabling can occur when an add-in causes the application to close unexpectedly. It might also occur on your development computer if you stop the debugger while the Startup event handler in your add-in is executing.

Soft disabling can occur when an add-in produces an error that does not cause the application to unexpectedly close. For example, an application might soft disable an add-in if it throws an unhandled exception while the Startup event handler is executing.

When you re-enable a soft-disabled add-in, the application immediately attempts to load the add-in. If the problem that initially caused the application to soft disable the add-in has not been fixed, the application will soft disable the add-in again.

You can read more about that in the How to: Re-enable an Add-in That Has Been Disabled article.

Monday, December 15, 2014 11:40 AM
  • Hi Team,

As of my newly created Addin is working fine with the installed outlook 32 but the adddin is not working with outlook 64.

Thanks,

Sumit

Friday, January 2, 2015 7:31 AM