Visual Studio - publishing applications in the Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I have Visual Community 2015 and Windows developer account. To publish applicatione written in C# in Windows Store I need to upload the developer packages .xap, .appx, .appxbundle, .appxupload.

Is anyone able to prompt me how to create him? I know how to create in Visual Studio .exe file for my application, but what's next?

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hi MarcinKlos,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, your issue is more related to the publish application in Windows Store. Since our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio Setup and Installation, I will help you move it to the appropriate forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=wpsubmit for dedicated information, you will get a more professional support from there.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 1:59 AM
  • Hello. I have Visual Community 2015 and Windows developer account. To publish application

in Windows Store, written in C#  I need to upload the developer packages .xap, .appx, .appxbundle, .appxupload.

Is anyone able to prompt me how to create him? I know how to create in Visual Studio .exe file for my application, but what's next?
    • Merged by Mattew Wu Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:38 AM Same issue,same customer
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:16 AM
  • ok, thnx. 
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:19 AM
  • You can use the same steps here to get the xap file.

How to build an app for Windows Phone 8

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/ff928362(v=vs.105).aspx

chanmm

chanmm

Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:20 AM
  • Hi MarcinKlos,

It seems that it can be your first time to build app for the Windows Store, so I would strongly suggest you to follow the steps below to create your package:

Before packaging:

• You’re supposed to test your app to make sure it works normally on all the device family you targeting on
    • Use the Visual Studio profiling and debugging tools to optimize your app performance
    • Run your app in Release build, which will improve the app runtime performance

Configuring package:

• Open the Package.manifest file in Solution Explorer
    • Set all the images needed in Visual Assets, I’d like advise you to use UWP Tile Generator to help you generate all the sizes image required within seconds
    • Remember to save your file every time you edit it.

Creating package:

• Right-click project in Solution Explorer and choose Store
    • Click “Create App Packages” and choose Yes
    • Select app name or reserve a new one if you have not done it in Dev Center Dashboard
    • Select all three architecture and select “Always” in Generate app bundle droplist
    • After creating your package, you are supposed to click Launch Windows App Certification Kit (Wack)

Wack test is the best practice for developer to test if their app meets the requirement of Windows Store.

And another thing you’d better note: If you app is for Windows 10, you should always generate .appxupload package file that can be uploaded to the Windows Store.

More details if you want, see Packaging UWP apps.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, October 3, 2016 10:01 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:42 AM
  • But i dont have STORE  in Solution explorer in my Visual Community 2015 :( I saw in youtube movies where people have STORE in Visual Studio 2013.
    MAybe a must instal Visual Studio Enterprise??

• Edited by MarcinKlos Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:45 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:43 AM