SPD Workflow created on list template not updateing on lists created from that template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Not sure if this is an error or the expected behaviour but:

I have a collection of SharePoint lists (28) that were created from a list template on the same site.

When I go to modify the workflow for the individual lists it takes me to the workflow for the original list and when published none of the changes are reflected in the other lists.

Obviously, I don't really want to be recreating the workflows 28 times (hence setting it up on the template list first), and if it would seem a bit silly if you couldn't modify a workflow for a list created from a template, but out of my knowledge area here so not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to work of if there’s an issue.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated!

- Wolf

• Edited by Wolfhelm Monday, October 1, 2018 1:53 PM spelling
    Monday, October 1, 2018 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Wolfhelm,

When we create a workflow with Sharepoint designer it is associated with a specific list on a specific web.
    When we save a list as a template it includes the workflow but the workflow is associated with the old list.

You can open your workflow in SharePoint designer in edit session.click on xmol file in the workflow folders then the "Back" button then repick the list in the associations dropdown. Save the work flow.

Please find below link for your reference

https://mikessharepoint.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/moving-sharepoint-designer-workflows/

You can also develop Visual Studio workflows or use an old third party CodePlex project application that claims to auto-associate those Sharepoint designers designed workflows.

Thanks Ravikant Chaturvedi

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 7:44 AM