Designer bug with caching workflow DLLs fixed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - can someone tell me if this very, very annoying bug with the WF designer is fixed in VS2010?

http://blogs.infosupport.com/blogs/marcelv/archive/2007/03/23/WF-Dependency-property-binding-throws-error-on-custom-activities-when-changing-types.aspx

Thanks,
    Jason
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:04 PM

All replies

• Thank you for reproting this. We are able to repro this in VS 2010 still. We will investigate this further and let you know.

Thanks,
    Kushal.
    Kushal Shah - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, November 23, 2009 7:11 AM
  • In fact looking at this further it seems that if you delete the binding and do a re-build and then try to do the bind it should certainly work. That seems a reasonable workaround even in the VS 2008 bits.

Thanks,
    Kushal.

Kushal Shah - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Proposed as answer by kushals Monday, November 23, 2009 7:14 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 7:14 AM
  • There are some workarounds, but they detract from the development experience.  The main problem is the designer won't let you bind at all - it's got a cached handle to an older version of the DLL.  It compiles fine, but the designer is broken. The only reliable fix I've found is to restart VS.  The easiest fix is to set my depended-upon DLLs not to build by default, and only build them when I absolutely need to, but it still requires a restart occasionally.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:46 AM