Problem with Sony optiarc AD7200S and Sony optiarc ADQ170A RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

We recently migrated our CD/DVD burning part of the application to use the IMAPI2.0 burning library from Nero. While testing , we found one peculiar bug. I am able to write to a DVD perfectly. Then I want to write something to a CD but at this point the get_FreeSectorsOnMedia() method fails. The application thinks that the CD is full.

Its not a problem with our code since the same code runs well on other brands of DVD-Writers except Sony optiarc AD7200S and Sony optiarc ADQ170A.
    And for the same reason, I dont think its a bug in the IMAPI 2.0 library as well.

I have read a similar thread in this forum(http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsopticalplatform/thread/b3c9440b-b2e6-4fa3-91ce-f790b485e1aa/). There the person told that he was able to set right this issue by installing the latest firmware upgrade of Sony optiarc AD7200S. While our test team is working on this , I was able to get the latest firmware for Sony optiarc ADQ170A. AFter i flashed it , restarted the system and tested it , the problem still existed.

My question is do you know which firmware I have to use for Sony optiarc ADQ170A to set right this problem ? I know that I must be asking this in a Sony DVD-Writer forum , i have asked there, but I just thought you guys may also would have faced similar queries from others and may have an idea.

Also, Do you know any other brand of sony DVD-Writers that have similar issues?

THanks in advance for your time and help
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry we haven't seen this issue before. I suggest waiting for a response from Sony. They would be in a better position to answer questions regarding their drive and firmware versions.

Ope
    • Marked as answer by Ope Aladekomo Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:15 PM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:14 PM