none
can VSTO c# add in to grab value from existing plugin? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a newbie to Outlook 2007 vsto coding, please pardon me if i asked something weird.

User tends to save sending email message to sharepoint site through an plugin from 3rd party, I am trying to grab the full sharepoint site path of the email which it was saved to by using a whole new c# add in.

So the situation is,

1) The user click send

2) the plugin activated and capture sharepoint site location input from user

3) email saved and sent out.

Is it possible to use VSTO C# add in to get the value of step 2 (from above)? If is possible, please teach me or show me the rope. Thanks.

• Edited by Lectes Friday, May 4, 2012 9:30 AM Add in more inforomation
    Friday, May 4, 2012 9:16 AM

All replies

• please check if that sharepoint plugin sets some user properties (or MAPI properties) on mail that is sent and uploaded to sharepoint. somehow that plugin must know what sharepoint site user has chosen and one of the above properties is a natural choice and would be easiest to get. Otherwise let us know again so we will think of something more complicated :)
    Friday, May 4, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Hi DamianD,

Thanks for your reply, sorry, I didnt able to find any sharepoint properties but Thanks to you, I went to check out the Sent mail in Sent Folder and I am able to grab some good info =)

But still left sharepoint plugin which still looks alien to me, I will dig in more when I got my basic requirements done =)

Lex C.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:14 AM