none
Output validation error in 5010 856 map RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing FLat file to EDI 5010 856 map. I have modified the existing 5010 856 schema as required to create structure like below 

HL*1**S

HL - Order 1

HL- Pack 1

HL-Item1

HL-Pack 2

HL-Item1

HL-Order 2

HL- Pack 1

HL-Item1

HL-Pack 2

HL-Item1

But while testing the map with flat file containing multiple orders,I am getting output validation errors 

Error 7 Output validation error: Segment level  : Segment ID - HL : Position - 18 : [3] Mandatory Segment Missing
    C:\Users\patila\AppData\Local\Temp\8\Hni_ASN_FF_Out_To_Belnick_856_5010_Out_output.xml 1 1

Error 8 Output validation error: Segment level  : Segment ID - PRF : Position - 18 : [2] Unexpected segment
    C:\Users\patila\AppData\Local\Temp\8\Hni_ASN_FF_Out_To_Belnick_856_5010_Out_output.xml 1 1

Error 9 Output validation error: Segment level  : Segment ID - LIN : Position - 18 : [3] Mandatory Segment Missing

Error 10 Output validation error: Segment level  : Segment ID - SN1 : Position - 18 : [3] Mandatory Segment Missing

Can any anyone help me to resolve this issue ?

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi, sorry, the description is a little hard to follow.  Can you post a screen cap of the schema?

Also, make sure all the EDI related element properties are correctly set for the new HL segments. An easy way to verify that is to generate a native instance.  At least one of each segment should be output.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:52 AM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 3:41 PM

All replies

• Make sure you have any necessary Looping Functiods connected in the right places.

Also, you really should do all the initial dev and testing with TestMap Output = XML.  That way you can see exactly what the Map is producing and work back from there.  In Native Mode all you get are the segment errors.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:06 PM
  • Hi Amita,

Please consider what boatseller suggested

Also I would like to point one more point: If you do any customization in the standard schema(in your case -EDI X12 5010 856)  then you should rename the schema name so as to avoid conflict with the actual schema. Validate the schema and build the project which has your customized schema and deploy it. 

I hope this helps!!!!!! Please mark as Helpful. If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered". It will help to reduce visits to same post as it's already answered and will help guys with same question as yours without even posting it . Maheshkumar S. Tiwari|Team lead/Consultant(EDI/EAI)|iVision Software Pvt Ltd, Pune.

Friday, July 12, 2013 9:32 AM
  • Hello Mahesh,

I have already renamed the schema with different name . 

Map is running successfully for the file with single order. But fails if input contain multiple orders. 

Friday, July 12, 2013 2:02 PM
  • Hi Amita,

Ok, then the problem lies in looping.  

Set the MaxOccurs property of the node to unbounded which you want to be repeated against the multiple orders coming in.

Suppose "HL" is the node which is to be repeated then set its MaxOccurs property to unbounded or *. Also if there are any fields which you don't map or don't need in the output (considering you have customized the schema), then you can set its MinOccurs to "0".

I hope this helps!!!!!! Please mark as Helpful. If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered". It will help to reduce visits to same post as it's already answered and will help guys with same question as yours without even posting it . Maheshkumar S. Tiwari|Team lead/Consultant(EDI/EAI)|iVision Software Pvt Ltd, Pune.

Friday, July 12, 2013 2:11 PM
  • Hi Mahesh,

I tried to validate the EDI 856 file with multiple orders through the customized schema and I got the same errors.

I already set the maxoccurs property to unbounded..but still it is throwing errors. Can I send you the xsd ?

Friday, July 12, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Hi Amita,

Sure you can(maheshstiwari@gmail.com) . Send me the both the xsd and Map.

Friday, July 12, 2013 2:29 PM
  • Hello Mahesh,

I have sent the xsd to you.

Thanks

Friday, July 12, 2013 2:40 PM
  • If it works for a single order, then it's probably not the xsd.

Did you check that the Map is looping in the correct places with Looping Functoids?  That's a common cause of what you're describing.

If you set the output type to xml, you'll see it very clearly.

Friday, July 12, 2013 5:11 PM
  • No, no.  Only the source schema Max Occurs setting affects mapping.

Also, HL cannot repeat and is required so it must be Min/Max Occurs = 1, always.

Your problem is most likely you need to connect some Looping Functiods from the loops/repeating Orders/Pack/Lines in the source to HLLoop1/HLLoop2/HLLoop3 in the destination, assuming that's what you named the new HL loops.

Friday, July 12, 2013 5:28 PM
  • Did anyone used the std edi 856 schema (without any modification) and developed the map with S,O,P,I  loops ? 

I am finding difficulty in generating multiple HL loops .

Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:43 PM
  • Because the included 856 is missing not only the HL Loops, but the HL Segments as well, you cannot use it 'without any modification'.*

Answered here also:

You have to add the additional HL Loops.

So, basically, Create HLLoop2, HLLoop3 at the correct position, HLLoop3 being a child of HLLoop2. and move the child segments under them.  Also, create the HL segment as the first child of course.

Sorry, I thought you had done that.

I'd suggest you look at the HIPAA schemas but they can be overwhelming at first if you haven't already worked with them.

*After some thought, I suppose you could, but the mapping effort would exceed the effort of adding the HL Loop hierarchy to the schema.

Monday, July 15, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Yes. I created HL loops like below

HLLoop_Shipment (1-1)
    HL_Shipment
    TD1
    Order-Loops(1-1)
          HLLoop_Order(1-unbounded)
    HL_Order(1-1)
    PRF
    Pack-Loops (1-1)
    HLLoop_Pack(1-unbounded)
    HL_Pack(1-1)
    MAN
    HL_Item(1-1)
    LIN
    SN1

Now the issue is when I run the file with multiple orders the map is creating output correctly in xml
    with 
    HL - O
    HL -P
    HL-I
    HL- O
    HL- P
    HL-I

But it is throwing error while validating againest the new 856 schema.It is not able to regnize the segment PRF.It is expecting the segment MAN. This is because of  HL (segment with same tag identifier)coming 
    in Order loop and Pack loop. while validaing the HL for order , It thinks it is the HL under PAck loop.

can we put some restriction in xsd,so that it can match the HL segments correctly ?
    Monday, July 15, 2013 3:25 PM
  • Hi, sorry, the description is a little hard to follow.  Can you post a screen cap of the schema?

Also, make sure all the EDI related element properties are correctly set for the new HL segments. An easy way to verify that is to generate a native instance.  At least one of each segment should be output.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:52 AM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 3:41 PM