OpenReport in Access on different machines RRS feed

• Question

• I have two machines that run Access 2016 and on the one, when I run:

strReportSQL = "[NextDueYear]= " & Me.cboSeason.Column(1) & " AND [CustomerID]= " & rs_Customer!CustomerID
    DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt_ServicesContractExtensionAgreement", acViewReport, , strReportSQL, acDialog, Me.cboSeason.Column(1)

It pulls up the report on one machine and the other it spins then freezes and wont let me click out or on anything.

The references are the same on both machines in VBA window. Seems like its hidden somewhere?

Thursday, March 5, 2020 11:23 PM

Answers

• If you are going to use an ACCESS file from two machines, then you need to split it and install a copy of the Front-end file on both machines even if only one person uses it at a time. Also, with the database closed, check the directory it resides in. If there is a file with an .laccdb extension, delete it. That file should only exist when the file is open.
    • Marked as answer by JHarding08 Friday, March 6, 2020 5:08 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2020 12:39 AM

All replies

1. Is this a split database with a copy of the Front-end file residing on each machine and the linked Back-end file residing on a network?
    2. Are you attempting to open the same report on two different machines at the same time?
    Thursday, March 5, 2020 11:37 PM
  • One file with reports, tables, forms and queries. One person using file at a time

• Edited by JHarding08 Thursday, March 5, 2020 11:40 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2020 11:39 PM
  • If you are going to use an ACCESS file from two machines, then you need to split it and install a copy of the Front-end file on both machines even if only one person uses it at a time. Also, with the database closed, check the directory it resides in. If there is a file with an .laccdb extension, delete it. That file should only exist when the file is open.
    • Marked as answer by JHarding08 Friday, March 6, 2020 5:08 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2020 12:39 AM
  • It was because the report wasn't auto centered and I had developed on multiple screens, but it was being tested on one machine. Being modal, it acted like it was frozen. Once I changed to auto center, it shows in the working screen.

Thank you for your help

Friday, March 6, 2020 5:06 PM